March 22, 2005
Muni Network Documents
We've collected numerous documents that address the muni network issue. We would like to make this information available to help advance the discussion, and to address some of the disinformation you may have heard.
- Don't Let HB 789 Make Community High-Speed Internet Illegal – Our main fact sheet, which summarizes the muni network issue.
- Poison Pill Amendment to HB 789 Hurts Small Texas Towns – A brief fact sheet that addresses the specific interests of small Texas towns and cities.
- Representative News Coverage Supports Municipal Networks – A large collection of press articles that discusses the municipal networks issue.
- Public Network Issues and Answers – A run-down of two dozen issues and concerns raised by the muni network debate. Prepared by Wayne Caswell of CAZITech Consulting for Save Muni Wireless.
- Carve Outs are Unenforceable and Don't Protect Cities – One so-called compromise is to "carve out" small exceptions to the ban. This one page document describes why that is not a viable solution.
- Bans City Initiatives to Bridge the Digital Divide – One-page fact sheet produced by ACLU Texas that explains their opposition to the muni network ban.